the Unofficial OpenVMS Marketing
Topics on this page:
Which Businesses Need OpenVMS?
The obvious answer is: ALL businesses need OpenVMS.
- Healthcare needs OpenVMS to safegaurd patient data, to keep patient data secure and always available.
- Financial Markets need OpenVMS to ensure that transactions are always processed in a timely, secure manner and that transaction processing systems are always up and always available.
- Railroads need OpenVMS to ensure that trains and their passengers and freight always arrive safe and on-time.
- Utilities need OpenVMS to ensure that the lights stay on, that the water keeps flowing, and that the citizens are safe in their homes.
- Municipalities and emergency services need OpenVMS to ensure that help is available when it is needed and that the government runs smoothly and without interruption.
- Medium size businesses need OpenVMS to protect their information systems from the constant stream of attacks that are launched every hour of every day, to prevent expensive downtime due to frequent reboots and server lock-ups, to reduce the expenses of maintaining their information systems and to reduce personnel costs to operate and administer those systems.
- Small businesses need OpenVMS for many of the same reasons as medium size businesses. Small business especially needs to keep costs low and man-time requirements down while still protecting their own data and their customers' information.
- Any business running a mail or web server needs OpenVMS to cope with the constant stream of attacks to which mail and web servers are subjected every hour of every day, and also from viruses, worms trojans and other malware that can attempt to attack the server from an infected desktop machine.
What Is OpenVMS?
OpenVMS is a secure, stable, reliable operating system with almost three decades of proven history and a rich heritage of capabilities.
OpenVMS runs on HP's Alpha CPU based computers, from 1U servers with two or four CPUs to large Enterprise Class Systems with 32 or more CPUs and upwards of 256GB of memory.
OpenVMS now also runs on HP's Itanium CPU based Integrity servers and SuperDome systems.
OpenVMS provides supports for hundreds of terabytes, even petabytes of storage. The possibilities are limitless.
OpenVMS is known for uptimes that are measured in months, sometimes even in years without a reboot.
OpenVMS is so secure, it has been banned from hacker conventions and break-in competitions as "uncrackable".
There has never been a virus, worm or trojan written for OpenVMS systems.
- OpenVMS offers secure, reliable computing unmatched on any other platform today.
- OpenVMS systems offer superior return-on-investment and cost-of-ownership value.
- OpenVMS invented clustering over twenty years ago, before other platforms rose to prominence in the market.
- OpenVMS offers fault tolerance unparallelled in any other platform. OpenVMS clusters with remote sites even survived the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001 without missing a single transaction.
Presentation Tips for OpenVMS ISVs, VARs and OEMs
Watch this space for presentation tips on how to present OpenVMS systems against competitive platforms.
Presentation Tips for OpenVMS Professionals
Watch this space for presentation tips on how to present OpenVMS systems in their best light when presenting to your management.
Learn More about Marketing OpenVMS
Learn why marketing and promoting OpenVMS is so important by reviewing the original version of the Unofficial OpenVMS Marketing Home Page.
DJE Systems Home Page
Tradenames, trademarks, service marks, etc. appearing
on this page are the property of their registered owners.
"DJE Systems" is a service mark of
David J. Dachtera, doing business as DJE Systems.
This page Copyright ©1998-2006 by David J. Dachtera, All Rights Reserved.